Talking with friends via Instagram can be fun, more than using any other messaging apps, but view deleted Instagram direct messages can be an issue for some people.
When you send a message to your friends, but then you decide to unsend it, in that time you have to make a fast decision, so you will delete the sent message without a doubt.
After deleting the message, some of the users will decide to recover those messages, it can be done in multiple ways.
So today I will show you how to view deleted Instagram direct messages, with fast recovery.
Why you should always back up your Instagram data and messages?
Downloading your Instagram data will save you a lot of time and stress if you are an Instagram daily user.
When you decide to disable your account for whatever reason, or maybe just you are afraid of getting your account hacked.
As today there is a lot of people who got their Instagram account hacked, so it was hard for them to lose all their data like chat, photos, videos, saved posts.
Some users don’t want photos they saved or posts they liked to be deleted from pages they visited, so it’s important to make a backup at least every 2 months, to keep your data safe.
However, to make the backup you can do it by:
- Opening your Instagram account on your PC, not your phone, then click on your account photo on the top right.
- Then a popup will show up, click on “Settings” then a new page will open, on the left menu options click on “Privacy and Security”, then it will take you to that page.
- Now hover down to the “Data Download” option, then click on Request Data, after that Instagram will take you to a new page.
- A new page will open asking you for your email, type your email, then choose the type of data file that you want.
- After that, click on “Next”, then add your account password on the new page, and click on “Request Download”.
- Finally, you will receive an email with the link to your Instagram data.
How to view deleted Instagram direct messages?
Unfortunately, you can’t view Instagram direct messages after deleting them, a lot of users tried to do so but it can be done with just one way.
You have to contact the user to whom you send the message and then get a screenshot from their phone and chat.
But, if you don’t have the ability to do it, then it will be very hard to get them back your deleted Instagram messages.
When you visit the Instagram help page, you can read that when you delete an Instagram conversation, it will be just deleted from your part, but will still be available on other user’s screens.
So you can ask them to get screenshots for you, or by using their phones.
Recover Instagram Direct Messages using Data
If you did a data update as it was shown on the first method, then you will be able to retrieve your data when you need it.
You just have to revisit the email you added on the data page, then it will be on the inbox of your email, so you will be able to download the file and recover your data.
Let’s check how it’s done:
- Go to your Instagram web page via your PC.
- Click on the profile picture of your account, on the top right
- Then a menu will pop up, click on “Settings”, then the settings page will open
- Click on “Privacy and Security”
- Then in “Data Download” click on “Request Download”
- Put your email and password
- You will receive an email in your inbox, visit your inbox and download the Data file (it can take up to 48 hours to receive the data)
- Now go to the data file you downloaded, then unzip the file
- After unzipping the file, locate “messages.jso”, and open the file with notepad.txt
- Click Ctr+F on your keyboard and a search bar will appear on your screen, so you can type any word you want and it will find you the word
Apps to Recover Instagram Messages
There are plenty of apps that pretend to recover your Instagram messages, which is not true, but they can help you recover some other data in your phone like photos and so on.
So maybe you will need some of those apps to recover your lost phone data.
I will list 3 famous apps just:
It’s an app that can do more than just recovering your messages, it can do all sorts of data recovering like photos and videos.
This app was made by imobie and it works with all kinds of android phones, so it will help you recover some lost or recently deleted data on your phone.
Is another famous app that recovers documents, zip and apk files, also contacts, and messages.
However, you can view and select the data you want to recover as you like, which can make it easier instead of being forced to recover all lost data.
It’s easy to use and can help you with a lot of things while you are struggling to get back your data.
It’s one of well know the app to recover your deleted iPhone data, this recovery tool can recover your WhatsApp, photos, messages.
It can restore and backup all your phone information like videos, attachments, social media apps data, so you will be able to recover them later.
You can scan your device at first, then start doing the recovery process, and you will be able to extract your data to iCloud.
Recovering Instagram messages has become hard but you can still do it with some tricky ways, and just for some messages if you had the chance.
So keep in mind that you have to always back up your phone’s data, to be able to recover them in case something happened to your phone, or you deleted something by fault.
If you had the chance to recover only one Instagram message, which one you will choose?