If you feel that something is not going on correctly on your pc, and you want to keep your files safe as fast as possible, you should consider transferring your files immediately or upload your files.
One of the best ways to keep your data safe as long as you use a pc is to transfer files from your pc to another pc, but this process can take so long if you didn’t have the right software or knowledge to do it.
Maybe you have to share files with your collaborators in work, or anyone out there, or simply you want to transfer any file from your pc to another pc online.
So let’s find out the methods to transfer any file from pc your pc to another pc online.
Use your wifi to transfer files.
The first solution is to transfer your files using a Wifi connection, no matter you are in the office or at home, if the two pcs are connected to the same wifi router, then it’s a green light that you can do it.
Now moving to the steps:
- You should confirm that the two pcs are connected to the same wifi network.
- Go to Network in any file explorer you open, you will find the Network icon on the left.
- You should see that the Second PC showed near the HP Pavilion Icon.
- If all going fine, then go to the next step.
- Right-click or choose a file by pressing it, then choose Give access to -> Specific people.
- Select the document or file you want to share, then select the Share button at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with tab click on the “Specific people” icon.
TIP: You can share multiple files at once with this same tip, so it will be faster.
Use A Cloud Storage software.
One of the best ways, to do this is by using online cloud software that allows you to send files via their server, you can do it from your pc to your second pc even if the second pc wasn’t at the home.
Let’s talk about the best online cloud software that you can use to send files from pc to pc.
MEGA is cloud software that can be used from any device and platform anywhere in the world, via the internet.
The good thing about Mega is that you have 50GB of Free Storage.
- Go to the MEGA website.
- Login to your Mega Account if you have one, if not make one here.
- Click on the upload icon Dropbox that is in the top right of the screen.
- Choose between “Folder Upload” or “File Upload”.
- After Windows Explorer opens, Choose the File or Folder that you want to upload.
- Then Click on Open.
- The File Will Be Uploaded.
- Open The same Mega account on the second PC.
- Download The File.
2.Upload files to Google Drive.
Google Drive is a cloud-based software that allows you to upload any type of file, transfer files across multiple devices online, by login into your Gmail account.
However it has a 15GB of storage available Free to Use, if you attain the limit you will have to upgrade your google account.
Now let’s find out how to do it:
- Go to http://drive.google.com/
- On the left of your screen, you will find the “+ New” button, click it.
- Choose File Upload.
- Choose the file or folder you wish to upload, and then click Open.
- You will see on the bottom right of the screen a popup that showing you the status of the upload.
- When it’s completed it will show a green icon with “Upload Complete”.
Dropbox is one of the leading Cloud Storage software online that can help you and your team, to upload & share files.
You can use Dropbox to backup important files or folders, access your documents when you move from your pc to another pc, share files with your group team, or send large files online.
- Go to Dropbox.com
- Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- If you don’t have an account register one here.
- Click on Upload.
- Click Files or Folder.
- Choose your files and then click Upload.
Note that each file or folder should not exceed 50GB. For uploading larger files or folders, use the desktop or mobile apps, which don’t have a specific file size limit.
OneDrive is the default cloud storage location that saves your files and documents in Win 10. This means new folders or files are automatically saved to OneDrive if you were connected to your Microsoft account unless you choose to save them to a different location on your PC.
Using Onedrive, you can upload files up to 5GB in size.
- On the OneDrive website, sign in with your Microsoft account, and then choose the location where you want to add the files.
- Select the Upload button.
- Select the files or folders you want to upload, and then select the Open button.
- You can also drag files from your desktop directly to Onedrive space.
Use an online software file uploader.
Another choice to send files from pc to pc online is by uploading those files to a ready-made software online that keeps your file into their servers and then send you a downloadable link so that it permits you to download those files anywhere in the world.
However, there are drawbacks of using this software which is the limitation of sending a large file, which is up to 10GB max storage.
Instead, you have to subscribe to a specific plan depending on your needs.
What is interesting about this method is that is a secure way to transfer your files online.
1.Use Send Anywhere.
With Send Anywhere you can send files online securely, and share files with your team, also send files from pc to pc online easily.
- Go to the SendAnywhere website.
- Click on the “+” button that shows on the left of the screen.
- After file explorer opens, choose the file you want to upload.
- Click Open.
- Choose whether you want to send it directly, by Email, or by a Downloadable link.
- Then click send.
- Now you will receive a QR code with 6 digits key.
- From the second PC, open again SendAnywhere website.
- Input the 6 digits key received from the first pc.
- Click on the download icon and wait.
- Then your file will be downloaded.
2.Use We Transfer.
We Transfer allows you to transfer files up to 2GB of data transfer, and it should be done with your email address so that you can put the sender email and recipient email address.
- Go to the WeTransfer website.
- Click on Add Files and choose the file that you want to upload then click open.
- Add your email address to the email box.
- Click on “Transfer”. You will receive an email in your inbox from Wetransfer with a download link related to the file after the file is uploaded.
- Click on “Get Your File” to download the file.
- You can find the file which has been downloaded on your browser download history. Click on “Show in folder”, and then your folder will be there.
Send Files Directly By Email
1.Transfer Files Via Gmail Email Attachment
- When composing the email from the Gmail website, select the Attach File Icon.
| You can send the large file by using the Google Drive icon on your email.
- Select the file that you want to upload, then click open.
- Send the email, and open it from the Second PC.
- Go to your second PC and open your Gmail inbox.
- You will see the email in your inbox, open it.
- Download the attachment.
2.Transfer Via Yahoo Email Attachment
With this method, you can send files up to 25MB.
- Go to Yahoo Website.
- Start a new message on Yahoo, go to the toolbar at the bottom of the window, then select the paperclip icon.
- Select Attach Files from the computer, then click open.
- Attach your file and then send the email to another recipient, or you can send it to your same email address if you like.
- Go to your second PC and open Yahoo inbox.
- You will see the email in your inbox, open it.
- Click on the File > Preview, then the file will show up on the left.
- Download the attachment.
Finally, what is the best method do you think can work for you to send files from pc to another pc online? Did you try one of them?