When you are searching for a font, and you find a good font on a photo, you will ask yourself how to find font from image and download it.
So making your project unique is crucial for your career, and choosing the best font will make a huge impact on your project.
Today I will show you how to find font from image for free and download it.
Which method of font identification should I try?
You have two type of identification you can try, first one is by using photoshop which is fast and efficient.
But this method will need an internet connection and you have to have an Adobe registered account in some cases to be able to download the font.
Using Font TypeKit you will be abel to download all fonts found on images, and any font you like will be downloadable, so you can download and use them directly on your Adobe Account.
The second method is by using an online tool that are dedicated to find font from image, so you will upload the image you want to check its font.
Then the tool will find the font for you and you can download it, and install it after downloald.
But this method will somehow take time to be done, but it also worth a try to get it to work with you and find font.
How do I identify a font from an image in Photoshop?
Using photoshop you will be able to find font in multiple ways, so in order to get your font identified, I will show you the easiest way.
Now let’s find out how it’s done:
- First, go to photoshop (Starting from Photoshop CC 2015 and up)
- Then you have to log in or at least activate it, to be connected to the internet and find your font
- Import the photo you want to find its font, by dragging the image into photoshop screen
- Now click on “Type” then hover down to “Match Font…” and click on it
- Then you have to select the font on the photo that you want to find
- Now if you had fonts downloaded on your PC or already represented, the “Match Font” tool will show it to you
- If your PC doesn’t contain the font, you will get the font from the internet by the “Match Font” tool
- Now if the font has been founded on the internet you have to click on the small sync button just at the left of each font to download your font from the internet
- Finally, you will be able to use this font on your PC
The Match Font tool is a powerful easy tool that can find you any font from image using photoshop.
It can help you to download them also which will save you a lot of time.
How to find font from image?
If you found a random image with a font that you liked, there is a good probability that you will find the font on that image online.
There is also another way to find font from image online, with the ability to download the font for Free, which is also time-consuming and professional.
So starting with the steps:
- If you have the photo on your PC that’s fine, but if you find an image online on a website or in Google, downloaded it or copy the image URL
- Now visit myfonts.com website
- When you are on the website, you will see a drag area where you can drop down your image
- Upload your image into the drag area by dragging it into the area or by clicking on the link inside the area to upload it
- When you upload the photo, you have to select the font on the photo by using the editing tool
- Also automatically you will see that MyFonts tool has already selected the fonts inside the image
- After choosing the selection, click on the Blue Button to identify the selected font
- Then after a while, you will get all the fonts related to the font you have selected on the image, with prices, but continue next steps to download fonts for Free
- You can now go to fonts.google.com and search for the font you found on MyFonts, then select the style you like the most and download it
- Also, you can click on Download All to download all the styles of the same font
- After downloading the font, you will find it on the “Downloads” directory, so click on it and install it
- Then after install, you will be able to use it on your PC
How do I identify an unknown font for Free?
Another website to visit is fontsquirrel.com, you can identify unknown font for free from an image using fontsquirrel.
However it’s the same method as MyFonts.com website but has a little changes, so I am gonna show you how it’s done.
- First, go to Fontsquirrel.com website
- After the website opens, you will see a purple button with “Upload Image” inside it
- To upload your image click on the button “Upload Image” or you can click on “Ctrl+V” if you copied the URL of the image online
- The image will be uploaded after some time, depending on your internet speed
- After uploading the image, FontSquirrel tool will start doing a research about the font that is represented inside the image
- Then you will be able to download the font directly form the tool online, or by visiting google fonts to download it
- You can also find the same font by searching on google for it and you will find a bunch of websites showing you the font, and will be ready to download
This method also can help you find font from image easily and fast, so you will be albe to use it on all your project.
There is multiple ways to find font from image, depending on your career and projects you are working on.
If you are a person who spent his time wisely then you have to try the first method which is the photoshop method.
However if you are a person who are not willing to pay any penny and have a little more time to do researches by finding the font online, then you can use the second method.
At the end you will be able to find font from image using both method, then download and install it for free.
Which method you will use? And Why?
Do you think that online tool are worth it? And will you decide to buy the font if you haven’t find another Free solution?