Choosing the best gaming motherboard will determine what kind of system you will be able to build.
Your choice on the motherboard will determine the final capacity of the PC, what kind of memory and processor you can plug in, how many graphics cards you can expand to, and what storage options you can use.
Therefore, it is very important to make the right choice, because the consequences of a wrong choice will last a long time.
When you choose the best gaming motherboard, there are many options on the market to consider, and it is important to understand one or two things before deciding which are the most suitable features for you.
To choose a good gaming motherboard, you have to think about the stability and functionality that bring you the most out of the gaming experience.
What is the best gaming motherboard?
There are many motherboards on the market that you can choose from, but I decided to show you some of the best ones:
- ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
- ASRock Fatal1ty B250M performance
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
- GIGABYTE AORUS Z270X-GAMING 9
- ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1
- MSI B450 Tomahawk
1. ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
ROG Maximus IX Hero is a good choice for addicted gamers. It provides the necessary functions for the game, ideal performance, and an easy-to-use interface, allowing you to easily control complex controls.
This gaming motherboard provides more personalized settings than ever before.
Here are some of the best features of ASUS ROG Maximus:
- It contains buttons for power, system restart, BIOS entry, and memory reset, which are incorporated along the edges
- It includes a wide and well-placed fan connector with a tachometer for the water cooling installation circuit
- The USB port on the back means a large number of external connectors.
- ASUS technology optimizes the basic aspects of the system
- It provides excellent processor performance, a cool and quiet fan, energy-saving, and an ultra-stable digital power supply
- The dedicated 3D base will make the installation of 3D printed parts easy
- SupremeFX audio technology provides impressive recording quality
The onboard Intel v219 Ethernet LAN controller is a smart low-latency option. Also, the motherboard also includes two M.2 slots, adjustable LEDs, and ALC 1220 audio.
2. ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance gaming motherboard
This motherboard has full-featured features, can provide unforgettable gaming performance and excellent visual effects. For 1151 economical motherboards, this is a good choice.
Check out its most important features:
- It comes with the latest Gigabit Ethernet based on Intel v219
- Also includes USB 3.1 TypeC
- Contains four DDR4 slots
- The layout, in general, is excellent
- However, you can access the flush-mounted M.2 slot from the top
- It also comes with SoundBlaster Cinema 3 for enhanced audio
- This fancy B250 chipset motherboard supports Intel’s sixth and seventh-generation processors
Its features put this motherboard ahead of competitors’ products. The performance is comparable to other 1151 non-overclocked motherboards.
Visually speaking, the B250 inherits the tradition of the lethal series, if you are a fan of red and black, then you are lucky with this special motherboard.
If you are looking for an audiophile feature on the motherboard and the feature will not clear your bank account, then B250 is the right choice for you.
3. Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 gaming motherboard
The Z370 motherboard is designed for gamers and enthusiasts who want to provide the best performance for their final gaming system.
Let’s check Z370’s most important features:
- The motherboard adopts a digital CPU power supply design, which can supply power to all components
- It has also a dynamic sound system that produces a pure sound which is “ESS SABRE DAC – Z370”
- The M.2 thermal protector helps to reduce and dissipate heat
- It supports the eighth-generation Intel CPU
- Contains a server-level digital power supply design
- It has excellent overclocking capabilities
- The audio components are of high quality
- It has an excellent fan header configuration
The motherboard also includes dual-channel DDR4, front USB 3.1 Type C, smart fan 5 cooling, RGB fusion lighting, ultra-durable armor, and multi-channel graphics support.
Z370 has features and overclocking capabilities that can meet the needs of most gamers addicts, with its attractive price.
4. Gigabyte AORUS Z270X-GAMING 9 gaming motherboard
When it comes to lighting and design, and you are the person who can’t play the big game without adrenaline lighting, then you have the AORUS option.
Gigabyte, the parent company of AORUS, has reserved the number 9 for its top motherboard. Z270 provides one of the most powerful user experiences, it allows you to take lighting to a new level.
Take a look at the basic features that make it stand out:
- You can use RGB fuses to control the color schematics to enhance the appearance of the PC
- RGB/UV LED strips provide unique fluorescent light
- You can switch between the lightening mods to meet your gaming mood
- You can activate smart mode to synchronize lighting effects and display time and system temperature
- It has seven temperature sensors and two external temperature sensors
- The Z270 has interoperable fans and sensors
- It has an intuitive user interface for fan control
- Creative Sound Core3D quad-core audio processor can produce excellent immersive sound
- The adaptive Gigabit Ethernet controller provides priority network bandwidth delivery
The Z270 motherboard provides some core functions, such as Smart Fan 5 that provides advanced thermal detection, and RGB Fusion introduces the first RGB + W / UV LED strip support. This provides true and bright lighting for the most expressive aesthetics.
5. ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 gaming motherboard
ASUS TUF is ready for hard and uninterrupted operation and has all the necessary durability, appearance, and heat dissipation performance. It has a sturdy shielding design, proper function, and most fan connectors.
Take a look at the most important elements of this motherboard:
- It provides excellent cooling and system monitoring through Thermal Radar 2 and TUF Detective 2
- Also comes with Pro-Clock, which allows you to maximize the performance of the system
- The third-generation ASUS T-Topology provides new DDR4 overclocking dynamics
- You can increase the storage frequency to 3866MHz
- The motherboard can be used for a long time in any environment
- TUR Thermal Armor is a durable futuristic protective cover with built-in Aura RGB lighting
- ASUS TUF provides an eye-catching appearance for your system
- You can connect an additional fan to enhance the airflow and reduce the temperature up to 18.9 degrees Celsius
This motherboard is compatible with the new ASUS AURA SYNC, the software suite can provide more choices among other RGB equipment.
In addition, the motherboard’s TUF Fortifier ensures that it will not bend under the pressure of larger graphics cards and processor heat sinks. It also gives more hardware health to the motherboard.
6. MSI B450 Tomahawk
If your gaming computer is driven by AMD CPU, then this MSI motherboard will be your ideal choice. The hardware supports AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd generation and mainstream AMD Crossfire technology.
There are also three important in-game weapons that can give you the upper hand over your opponents: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey and X-Boost.
With this motherboard, you don’t need to worry about overheating during intense gaming. Thanks to the new heat dissipation and power supply design of this motherboard, your high-end game console can run at full speed without any problems.
If you also use overclocking software, this motherboard creates ideal conditions for using the CPU at maximum throttle. It supports a multi-core CPU and has excellent gaming performance.
Most gamers want a powerful motherboard that can overclock some performance, with a durable lifetime.
On the other hand, there is a small part of gaming addicts who loves to have both performance and lighting.
I mean, who doesn’t like this type of PC setup?
So you can check which motherboard has the potential to be your next motherboard and the best price that meets your needs.
Did you try one of those motherboards? If no which one would you choose? And if yes how was your experience?